Employment with the Town
Public Works Operator
The Town of Shelburne is seeking applications from qualified experienced individuals for the position of Public Works Operator.
Duties of the position include:
- Equipment operation and maintenance
- Operating equipment in salting and snow clearing operations
- Operating other equipment in day-to-day and construction operations
- Assist with pipe laying operations
- Cleaning and repairing of catch pits and manholes
- Perform traffic control duties
- Assist with the rebuild of streets and sidewalks
- Assisting the water and wastewater utilities as needed
- Operate light and/or heavy utility vehicles for various purposes
- Other duties as directed
The successful candidate must:
- Have a valid Nova Scotia driver’s license
- Pass basic First Aid and WHMIS training (will be provided for the successful candidate)
- Have the ability to work independently with little supervision
The ideal candidate will have:
- Grade 12 education or equivalent GED
- 1-2 years of experiences or equivalent
For a more detailed job description or with other questions about the position, please contact Sarah Mattatall, Town of Shelburne, Manager of Admin & HR at (902) 875-2991 Ext 4.
Hours of work, benefits, and wages are pursuant to the current collective agreement. Please note, only those applicants receiving an interview will be contacted.