Notice Of Public Hearing July 2, 2015 6:00p.m.
Created: Friday, 19 June 2015 08:55
A Public Hearing will be held on Thursday, July 2, 2015 at 6:00 pm regarding a proposed new Vending By-Law for the Town of Shelburne which will replace all prior by-laws governing vending within the Town boundaries. For more information please download
Notice of Public Hearing - Vending and Taxi By Law
Town Of Shelburne - 2015 Street Paving Request For Tender
Created: Monday, 15 June 2015 08:08
The Town of Shelburne invites tenders for asphalt street paving (by laid tonne) and milling to a depth
of 3 inches (by square foot), in accordance with the Terms of Reference provided in this Request for
Tenders (RFT) document.
Please download the Request for Tender - 2015 Street Paving
Request for Tender - 2015 Street Paving
Please submit your tender by 4 PM on June 26th, 2015 to Dylan Heide, CAO for the Town of Shelburne.
Shelburne Town Council Approves 2015-16 Capital Budget
Created: Monday, 25 May 2015 18:02
Shelburne, NS – The Shelburne Town Council approved a three-year capital budget with 2015-16 projects totaling $4.87 million on May 7th, 2015. The top priority in this budget is public infrastructure with over $3 million directed at renewing and upgrading buildings, roads, culverts and sidewalks. More than 20% of the Town's capital spending for 2015-16 will be directed at community and economic development projects including improved signage, a new guild hall and a new public park on the old King Street school lands supported by a generous donation from the Huskilson family.
Funding for the 30 capital projects included in the 2015-16 capital budget includes $2.6 million in external support from the federal and provincial governments; Council has approved the Town's contribution to projects contingent on external financing however these projects may not proceed if projected federal and provincial support does not materialize. An additional $756,500 in capital spending for 2015-16 will be financed from the Town's capital reserves, to which the Council has been steadily contributing in recent operating budgets.
Key infrastructure investments in the 2015-16 capital budget include:
- A $2.7 million project to construct a sidewalk along Hammond Street from George Street towards Roseway Hospital, resurface the road, and upgrade culverts and other existing infrastructure, for which the Town has applied for two-thirds matching funding from the federal and provincial budgets under the New Building Canada Fund.
- Much needed improvements to culverts throughout Town in accordance with the Town's Municipal Climate Change Action Plan priorities.
- Significant improvements to visitor signage both leading to and within the Town of Shelburne and a new guild hall/Shelburne Farmers Market facility on the Historic Waterfront with matching external funding anticipated.
- A new public park with splash pad and skate park components financed by a generous donation from the Huskilson family (with anticipated matching external funding from other levels of government).
- New equipment purchases including a new Public Works tractor and a new vehicle for the Shelburne Volunteer Fire Department which have now been received.
- Needed water and wastewater projects financed from the Town's dedicated water and wastewater reserves.
The complete 2015-16 Town Budget – operating and capital – will soon be available on the Town of Shelburne website at www.town.shelburne.ns.ca.
For additional information contact:
Dylan Heide, CAO
875-2991 Ext. 5
Public Notice - Controlled Burn Exercise
Created: Tuesday, 12 May 2015 12:47
A controlled burn training exercise is planned for Thursday, May 14th, 2015 at the Town Dump.
Morvan Road Landfill Summer Hours in Effect as of April 18th, 2015
Created: Saturday, 18 April 2015 15:01
The Morvan Road Landfill will now be open every Saturday until winter hours come back into effect.
Please contact the Town Office with any questions 902 875 2991.
Shelburne Town Council Approves 2015-16 Operating Budget
Created: Thursday, 16 April 2015 10:45
Shelburne, NS – The Shelburne Town Council approved an operating budget totaling $3.69 million on April 14th, 2015. The approved residential tax rate of $2.04 per $100 of assessment and the approved commercial tax rate of $3.86 per $100 of assessment remain unchanged from last year. Sewer charges will be held at $198 per unit and the new solid waste charge is now fully implemented – covering 100% of solid waste services provided by the Town – increasing to $209 per unit for total budgeted revenues of $209,208. The Council has also approved an increase in the new low-income tax exemption program which was introduced in last year’s budget, with the minimum household income necessary to qualify for the program increasing to $25,000; the program provides up to $100 of tax relief to qualifying tax payers.
Read more ...
Request for Tenders - New Tractor
Created: Tuesday, 24 March 2015 09:13
The Town of Shelburne is seeking proposals for the supply of a new tractor for the Public Works Department. This tractor will be used for roadside brush cutting and as a sidewalk plough in the winter months.
The following specifications are required:
- 4 Wheel Drive Cab with Heater/AC
- Front Loader with Skid Steer Style Q/A
- 3 sets Rear Remotes
- 3 Point Hitch
- Hydrostatic Drive (3 range)
- 62 inch min width (with option expandable to 65 inch or more with offset mower attachment depending on manufacture spec)
- Rear wheel weights/tires weighted for offset mower Agri Tires
- Minimum 33 PTO Horsepower
Equipped with: Minimum 55 inch offset flail mower to cut grass and heavy vegetation along shoulders and ditches along roads in town.
Please state warranty. FOB Shelburne.
Submission Deadline Extended
Proposals are to be directed to:
Dylan Heide, Town of Shelburne CAO,
no later than 4:00 PM on April 10th, 2015
phone: 902-875-2991 Ext. 5
Fax: 902- 875-3932
Complete tender document available on request.
Notice Of Public Hearing - Re: Number Of Councillors
Created: Tuesday, 24 March 2015 08:58
The Town of Shelburne has made applcation to the NS Utility and Review Board to confirm the number of Councillors to be elected in October 2016. The public hearing has been scheduled for the followng:
Monday, April 27th, 2015 at 11:00 a.m.
Town Council Chambers
168 Water Street
All welcome to attend. Comments can also be submitted to the NS Utility and Review Board no later than Monday, April 20, 2015.
Please contact the Town Office for any further information 902-875-2991.