Heritage Advisory Committee Vacancy
Created: Tuesday, 19 January 2021 15:37
Town Council Meetings Update
Created: Tuesday, 19 January 2021 15:36
Nova Scotia Power-Commitment to Reliable Service
Created: Monday, 18 January 2021 14:11
Friendly Reminder-Let us help spread the word!
Created: Wednesday, 13 January 2021 14:41
Nominate a Volunteer!
Created: Wednesday, 13 January 2021 14:40
Created: Wednesday, 13 January 2021 14:36
Redefining Retirement is a 5-part workshop series that helps older adults (typically 55+) answer the question: what am I going to do when I retire? In contrast to the many retirement programs that focus solely on finances, this program is about enabling older adults to determine how they will engage with their communities, deploy their skills, and connect with like-minded people once they ‘retire’. The program helps participants live fully and purposefully in their later years, to the benefit of all.
Pay It Forward Day-January 12th, 2021
Created: Tuesday, 12 January 2021 12:29
The Town of Shelburne recognizes January 12th, 2021 as Pay It Forward Day in memory of Carmen Faith Huskilson
Shelburne Volunteer Fire Dept. Annual Report
Created: Tuesday, 12 January 2021 12:26
Employment Opportunity-Public Works Operator
Created: Monday, 11 January 2021 14:46
The Town of Shelburne is seeking applications from qualified experienced individuals for the position of Public Works Operator.
Duties of the position include:
- Equipment operation and maintenance
- Operating equipment in salting and snow clearing operations
- Operating other equipment in day-to-day and construction operations
- Assist with pipe laying operations
- Cleaning and repairing of catch pits and manholes
- Perform traffic control duties
- Assist with the rebuild of streets and sidewalks
- Assisting the water and wastewater utilities as needed
- Operate light and/or heavy utility vehicles for various purposes
- Other duties as directed
The successful candidate must:
- Have a valid Nova Scotia driver’s license
- Pass basic First Aid and WHMIS training (will be provided for the successful candidate)
- Have the ability to work independently with little supervision
The ideal candidate will have:
- Grade 12 education or equivalent GED
- 1-2 years of experiences or equivalent
For a more detailed job description or with other questions about the position, please contact Sarah Mattatall, Town of Shelburne, Manager of Admin & HR at (902) 875-2991 Ext 4.
Hours of work, benefits, and wages are pursuant to the current collective agreement. Please note, only those applicants receiving an interview will be contacted.
2021 Waste Collection Information
Created: Wednesday, 06 January 2021 14:51